Ecomama is most likely one of the coolest ho(s)tels I know. Being environmental friendly is at their very core.
Owner Anika Jacobs packed her parents storage with secondhand furniture long before she opened the hotel and works pretty much 24/7 to make sure the hotel looks at its eco best.
With a water saving system, green roof and cradle-to-cradle building materials, eco-consciousness can be found even in the details.
Used materials, from bricks to suitcases to corkscrews, are given a second, even better life, in the unique design furniture.
There is a big and cozy communal area with kitchen and table for dining and working. You can stay at one of the spacious private rooms but there are also dorms rooms. For women, even a bright pink girls only dorm.
- Sleep under sheets of organic cotton on a mattress that is made of only natural, sustainable materials
- Centrally located in the Jewish quarter, a stone throw away from Waterlooplein
- They have a teepee to relax in!
- Proper waste recycling
- Eco supermarket Ekoplaza is around the corner
- The staff knows all about the eco friendly hotspots in town
At the entrance of Ecomama there is Filter, a very cool coffee place with organic coffee, tea and lovely sweets. Also a mini shops inside. Great place for a espresso and wifi.
Valkenburgerstraat 124, 1011 NA Amsterdam – email@example.com – +3120 770 9529